Depressed due to mothers alcoholism. She has mental issues, cunning, full of hatred. Suggestions?

i am depressed due to my mothers alcoholism , she really does not care about her children although we are grown up now. She quite clearly has mental issues and alcohol really brings them out. I feel there is nothing i can do as she does t want to help herself. She just feels sorry for herself all the time. she is the most horrible , messed up person i have met in my life! She is quite cunning and can appear to be ok when people talk to her but she is full of hate!
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013