Dental pain. Gums cut, exposing nerve, causing headache. Relief with ibuprofen. Ways to delay?

hi I am in USA and having dental pain. I went for consultation and doctor tolds me that at upper right side after last tooth Gum is cut and is exposing some nerve. Which is causing me headache . He applied cavity - varnish by 3M and gave me ibuprofine. Its give me relief for couple of hours. I will be here for next 2 weeks . Is there any way to prevent it for some more time.. and as of now I am taking one 200mg ibuprofine a day. How long can i continue with that. Can i increase it to twice a day . Thanks sachin
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013