Dent on the top of head, split appears from the dent towards the forehead, headaches. What is this?

Hi. I m an 18 year old girl, and I ve had a dent on the top of my head for several years now, but I m not excactly sure when, but I ve been depressed and exshausted alot lately. The dent have also grown, and it seems to apear a split from the dent and towards my forhead. Are you familiar with this? I have no energy left over, it s hard to anything at all, and I used to be happy all the time with lots of energy. I also have alot of headache and have experiences dizziness lately, alot more than usual. What is this?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The growing dent in head is hard to explain. Probably the size is staying the same. Some dents do compress the frontal brain leading to depression and it would be wise to get a CT scan of the brain done to indentify the location and to measure it.
regarding depresison you should takes meds like fluoxetine, venlafaxine. etc.
Also there is an option of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). This therapy is taken by either a psychologist or a psychiatrist in which the therapist identifies impaired cognitions (Thoughts) and try to correct them. They are 15-20 min weekly session and there should be around 8-10 sessions to help you with your illness.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, or wish to know further about this problem, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.