Dent in the rib area, mild pressure after a punch in that area. What could it be?

Hi, my friend and I were messing around and he ended up punching me in the lower right rib. I felt a slight pressure in that area for a few days, but then it subsided. However I noticed where he punched me there was an indent left there, and I can still feel the slight pressure. I don t feel pain when I breathe, so I don t think it s broken. What could it be? Also, the indent seems to be getting smaller, but I am worried.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
If there is no pain on coughing and sneezing then you are not having nay rib fracture.i think indentation indicates that there is some swelling and it will take some time. Meanwhile you can do hot water fomentation and Diclofenac ointment application