Dementia, had sudden loss of consciousness, has short term memory loss, strange tremors since. MRI ruled out stroke. Possible causes?

My grandma has dementia but the medication has really helped until Friday. On Friday she fell down in her living room and when EMS picked her up she failed the Cincinnati Stroke test at her apartment and again once she reached the hospital. They did a CT and it showed nothing but she had a b.p. of 174/70 and decided by family request to be sent to a larger hospital. When she arrived she went downhill and they did an MRI and still couldn t find any signs of a stroke. It is now Monday night and she can t remember who we are and only talked in mumbled incoherent sentances. She can t feed herself and is unable to sit up. She has also developed these strange tremors that have never been present before. I am wondering what could possibly cause all of this to happen so rapidly with no signs of a stroke and no abnormal test results?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013