Delusional behavior, depression, keeps getting arrested, shop lifting tendency. Treatment for poor mental health?

Good Morning, I worried about my brother (age 63) who thinks he has invented something that will make him rich. The thing he says he invented makes no sense and I don t see how it can work. I m in XXX, he is is XXX, his friends think he is acting delusional. He has started to drink alcohol (he guit 30 yrs ago) and other things out of character. He keeps getting himself put in jail for shop lifting. AS SOON AS HE GETS OUT, IT S LIKE HE DOES THE SAME THING AGAIN TO BE PUT BACK IN JAIL! HE HAS NO HOME, (RENTS A ROOM SOMETIMES) BUT HE HAS HIS RETIREMENT CHECK. DO YOU THINK HE IS GETTING ARRESTED ON PURPOSE. HE HAS A LONG HISTORY OF DEPRESSION . HIS FRIENDS SAY HE IS NOT DEPRESSED, BUT ON A MANIC HIGH? WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING ON? THANK YOU, WORRIED SISTER
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012