Delayed periods, worried about pregnancy. Wants to take mestrogen injection. Side effects of injection?

Hello Dr, my period is 4days late and i m thinking of taken mestrogen injection . Thou i did a prgnancy test dat proves negative. But my feeln tels me it culd be pregnancy and i dnt want it. Now i wanna knw d posible side effct of menstrogen and if i l see my period after takn it? Thanks. Heres my email.. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Menstrogen is a menstrual induction or can be used as emergency contraception (within 72 hours)but not as an abortive pill and you should consult with one dr.
before you taking any medicine.
Side effects of this medication are the same as for the other oral contraceptive(estrogen_progesteron)

Take care of your self