Delayed periods with large clots, heart palpitations, migraine headaches, weakness later. Should be concerned ?

Hello... Ive always had a regular 26 to 28 day menstral cycle with the duration being about 4-6 days. However, my current cycle was 10 days late and arrived without the normal tell-tale signs of breast tenderness for a full week before & abdominal/lower back cramping on the first 2 days. When it began it was light but bright red as always... The flow stayed light for 2 weeks then it increased to what would be my typical day 2 & 3 flow. I also began to pass very large clots several times a day... without any cramping. I am currently on day 25 & don t see any sign of this subsiding. In addition, for the last week I have experienced heart palpatations with SOB at what would be normal tasks for me like walking the stairs in the parking garage, showering & cooking dinner. And Ive had miagrane headaches , General overall weakness & quite a but of trouble focusing on details while at work. I am anemic & suspect that the massive amount of blood loss is bringing on some of these more recent symptoms. I m also suspecting Menopause since I will be 45 in 3 weeks. I m trying to get in to see a Gynocologist but, its a waiting game at best... in the mean time I m curious as to what, if anything can be done to slow down or stop this flow & help me get some energy back. I would also be curious as to if there are any other situations that may mimick the symptoms I am having & If I shoould be concerned to the point of visiting an ER? Please advice. Thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013