Delayed periods with brownish discharge. Could it be stress related?

Hi I am 2 weeks late on my period but i tested on the 9th day of missed period but it came out negative. I tested twice and all came negative. Also we usually use protection when we have sex. I got my first period on the 16th July, and on the 9th of August I experienced some brown discharge for about 3 days. I thought my period was gonna come at that time, but until now I am still waiting. Shall I go for check up? Or I need to wait more? Because it might be due to my stress .
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012

Welcome to HealthCareMagic,

Bleeding due to period is generally heavy and bright red in color and contains clots in it.

Blood test for pregnancy is more reliable than urine test, thus repeat test should be done with blood only.

If pregnancy is excluded, you should get your self examined by a Gynecologist to find out other causes like PID, infection and cervical cancer etc. and treatment accordingly.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma