Delayed periods with absence of cramps, watery and slimy flow, have regular cycle with sever cramps. Worrisome?

I have an average of a 25 day cycle. My period was 3 days late.when it started I had no cramps or signs that it was going to happen..It was dark brown which I know is common but then it got a little weird. It turned to a dark red and is watery. It is also very slimmy. Should I be worried? It is usually what I would call a normal red and it is thick and a little slimmy but not to bad.
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Hello mam, as your period was late its a little different than your previous ones. Late periods can be due to various causes most common being pregnancy so do a urine pregnancy test if you are sexually active. Other causes are poor appetite, stress or recent heavy exercise. So take care of yourself.