Delayed periods, white discharge, weight gain, stomach heaviness, thyroid. Taking thyronorm. Treatment?

Hello Doctor, My periods are 20 days delayed and 3 weeks back i came to know that i have got thyroid and started taking thyronorm tablets since then my white discharge has started. My stomach feels so heavy.Day by day my weight is increasing. Please help me with this query, do i need to consult any doctor personally. FYI, i am not married.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Hi , welcome to healthcare magic

The delay in your periods may be due to the thyroid problems, this is one of the causes. Other causes include psychological stress, extreme physical activity,inadequate diet, high levels of a hormone called prolactin, polycystic ovarian syndrome (a condition associated with infertility, delayed periods, cysts in the ovaries, insulin resistance, abnormal hair growth, acne), pregnancy and perimenopause.

You shoud consider a pregnancy test, if this is negative then you should consider visiting your doctor for an evaluation.
The white discharge may indicate a yeast infection and may not be related to the delayed periods, this can be treated by over the counter antifungal vaginal medications.

Thyronorm is used in persons with reduced levels of thyroid hormone and should not be associated with weight gain, increased weight can be associated with decreased levels of thyroid hormone.

I hope this helps