Delayed periods, spotting and stomach cramps. Had unprotected sex. Pregnancy test negative. What does it mean?

hi, i am a week late on my period. but i have been having some unusual spotting. It has been dark brown and is now a lighter red. im experincing some cramps as well. But i also notice that i feel sick after i eat things. what could this indicate? I have been having unprotected sex for the past month but the pregnancy test came up negative.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Nephrologist 's  Response
hello and thanks for the query,
well given your history I would suggest you consult your gynaecologist immediately and get evaluated for pregnancy as urine pregnancy test can be false negative also, what you are describing as feeling sick after eating could be what is described as morning sickness and also the unusual spotting could not be normal so do get yourself evaluated thoroughly and please use protection henceforth if you want to avoid having such problems I m sure there will be some method of contraception which you are comfortable with.
take care.