Delayed periods, slight brown spotting, breast pain. Test few days ago showed faint lines. Pregnancy chance?

hi, i am currently 4 days late for my period, i have been having brown spotting very lightly since the day it should have come, also painful breasts which i have never had, took a few tests a couple days ago, were very light faint pink lines could have even been an evaporation line. i have been off of birth control for 3 months and ttc without realizing that we did 3 days and 1 day before ovulation . what are the chances i am pregnant? i dont want to keep spending money on tests. stomach feels like its in knots but i may just be anxious.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Hello Good Evening,

This might be implantation bleeding:

Implantation bleeding – a very early sign of pregnancy – occurs when the fertilized egg attaches to the uterine lining.
During implantation, the fertilized egg (called a blastocyst at this stage of development) burrows and embeds itself underneath the wall of the womb (uterus).
Because the uterine lining is rich with blood, some women can experience spotting and even cramping during this process.

For the most part, implantation bleeding is lighter and occurs earlier than your regular menstrual period. Sometimes, however, implantation bleeding may be heavier, so it can be easily confused with a regular period.

Sometimes, if you take a home pregnancy test too early, you will get a false negative/weak positive result – even though you are indeed pregnant.
Not all pregnancy tests are created equal. Some are more sensitive than others. There are home pregnancy tests that will not give you an accurate result until the week after your missed period, so you can wait for another 5-7 days.

I think you can be pregnant, keep on testing.
However, it’s always a good idea to contact your gynecologist of primary care provider and get tested.

Dr. Naresh Jain.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
A healthy sperm can survive for 48 hrs & fertilize the ovum. So if you have sex 24 hrs before the ovulation,you have fair chances of conception.
* The pink discharge you have may be beginning of menses .
* In case you have conceived, the pink discharge is due to hormonal deffisiency. If you are keen for pregnancy you should go for blood pregnancy test. & after confirming pregnancy consult a gynac for the earliest supportive hormonal medicines helping the baby to survive
Till then take rest,and be optimistic.
Thank you.