Delayed periods, pregnancy test negative. Reason?

last month i got my period on may 6 which made it a 26 day cycle, and then this month i have not gotten my period. I have always been regular with my periods. I am showing no signs of being pregnant or getting my periods. I did take a pregnancy test on thursday and it came back negative. I am getting worried because this has not happen to me before. What could be the problem?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Hi there,
If i was your doctor i will advise u to relax and keep cool. Sometimes the periods are delayed without any reason and the more you stress about it the more they are delayed. Keep your diet good and dont worry about you periods. Repeat pregnancy test after a week if your periods dont start by then and if a month goes by and u dont get periods with negative pregnancy test then go for an abdominal ultrasound scan.
Dr, Ammar.