Delayed periods, negative pregnancy test, have PCOS, taking Metformin. Could PCOS affect test results?

Hi I am currently 7 days late for my period. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests which returned negative. I have pcos and commenced on metformin 500mg bd since 2010 which has regulated my periods. We have recently been monitoring my ovulation and had a positive home ovulation kit which allowed us to try within the 48hr window. I am now experiencing lower abdominal cramps (similar to menstrual ) and lower back cramps, I am also urinating more often but am not experiencing any breast tenderness. Could my pcos affect home pregnancy tests or should I visit my gp for a blood test? When is the best time to test? Thanks .
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012