Delayed periods, mild bleeding, cramps. Not pregnant. What should I do?

Hi, I m 2 weeks late onmy period... 2 weeks ago after intercourse I had very light bleeding so I thought it was the starr of my period but it stopped straight away, the 2 days ago I has very light pink blood in my panties so I also thought that could be my period but its not... I ve been sick once & keep getting tummy cramps ... on 10th march I did a test but it came back negative...
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The bleeding after intercourse could be due minor trauma during sex and second bleeding 2 days before could be implantation bleeding that is bleeding which occur due to the implantation of fertalized ovum into uterus.Pregnancy test usually comes positive 10 days after missed period,may be you have got your pregnancy test done little earlier.Repeat the pregnancy test if still turns out to be negative means you are not pregnant and there may some other reasons for your bleeding.The other way is to go for ultrasound to confirm or rule out pregnancy.This will also help in determing cause of bleeding in case pregnancy is ruled out.Consultation with gynaecologist is advisible.
Hope this answers your question.