Delayed periods, hot flashes, dull pain below belly button, sore nipples. Negative pregnancy test. Pregnant?

Hi! I am a 24 yr old female. I am now 24 days late. I have been experiencing hot flashes, dull pains under the belly button that last a short time (different then cramping), I have been gassy yet constipated, sore nipples , light headed feeling at times. I took a pregnancy test at home and it was negative. Is there a chance I could be pregnant or should I see a doctor for something else?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
If your periods are otherwise regular, you could either be pregnant or there may be some hormonal upset, which can cause all the symptoms you are mentioning. My feeling is that you should get your periods shortly. Home pregnancy tests are quite accurate, if done as per instructions.
However, if you are worried, there is no harm in seeing a doctor, who would repeat a pregnancy test, and if negative, give you medication to bring on your periods, if you so desired.
Best wishes.