Delayed periods, had unprotected sex and took the morning after pill. Home test negative. Chances of pregnancy ?

hi. I had unprotected sex july 13th and took the morning after pill within 16hours. Ovulation was around july 21st. my period is normally regular and i should have got it on august 2nd but its a no show. so i am 7 days late. this morning i took a home pregnancy test first thing and it said not pregnant. why would my period not be here, is there a possibility i might be pregnant. when is the best time to take a pregnancy test? thanks for you time kind regards.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012