Delayed periods, had foreplay with partner. Prescribed Deviry. Is it the right medicine?

Its a question regarding delayed periods. last period was on 17 november . frankly speaking my boyfriend gave me an hour of fingering orgasm on 9th december , normally i was expecting a period before 17 december but at present till 27 december i am not getting my period . i have consulted a doctor and after asking me few iritating questions he has prescribed me to take deviry medicine for 10 days. kindly look into the matter and guide me if the doctor has suggested the right medicine for my symptom.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Mar 2015
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Deviry is medroxypogesterone acetate, a progesterone derivative, and it is given to induce the periods. The periods usually occurs within 5-10 days of stopping the drug.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma