Delayed periods, had cramps and bleeding. Could I have been pregnant?

Hi there, i was 25 days late on period, a few signs of eary pregnancy but woke up this morning with bleeding on my sheets and i have very bad cramping which started about 4 hours ago. The blood on the sheets was very red and usually my period starts off with a brown colour and is never heavy i can usually go half a day woth out even wearing a pad on my first day of period. Are there reasons for this? also the bleeding since i put a pad on at 6am this morning is not full and period now seems light and not heavy enough to say go all over my sheets. This has never happened, could i have been pregnant and am now losing the baby?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Thanks for consulting us.
Yes, there is a strong possibility of pregnancy & any potential miscarriage.
I suggest you should see a doctor preferably a Gynecologist as soon as possible.
You must rule out pregnancy by going through a pelvic ultrasound & blood tests.
Wish you good health.