Delayed periods, dull pain in pelvic area, abdominal pain. On birth control. Causes for symptoms?

My period is 4 days late...which they have always been normal and on time and ive been off birfh control for.over a year. The last week and a half ive been having a slight dull pain off and on in my lower left pelvic area. I took a pregnant test and it was negative. The pain in my left side has also begun to move up.toward the side of my abdomin and hurt to the touch. Do u know what might be causing these symptoms?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012