Delayed periods, continuous abdominal pain, negative test results. What could be the cause?

Hi there, i am currently 8 weeks late with my period, i have done mulitple pregnancy tests and had a blood test 2 weeks ago but all has come back negative, for the last 6 days i have experienced continually (day/night) period like abdominal pain and nothing i do will relieve it. my mum never showed she was pregnant it took an ultrasound to prove it and only showed up 3 months later on a pregnancy test could this also be me? or is it something else? i came of the pill in September last year so my husband and i could start trying so i have pt it down to just hormones coming off the pill after 10 years of being on it, but this cramping and period like pain is really starting to annoy me if im not pregnant i need to know whats going on ?/ can you help please?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013