Delayed periods by 5 days, have cramps. Test negative. Pregnant?

I am 5 days late on my period and i took a pregnancy on my 3rd day of being late and it was negative. Could I still be pregnant? I am having cramps as if I was on my period or if I am going to start, but I have been having them for a couple days even before i was suppose to start my period.. I was wondering If I could still be pregnant?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
The urine pregnancy test can be negative in very early pregnancy.
Generally, after about 8-10 days of missing expected days of period, it comes positive.
So, you can still be pregnant.
So, repeat the test after about 1 week to confirm pregnancy, if you dont get periods till then.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti