Delayed periods, brown discharge, spotting, enlarged breasts, bloating. Causes for symptoms?

hi. i m 17 years old, female. i haven t had my period since the beginning of july. in august, i had brown discharge on and off for about two weeks. sometimes spotting and sometimes more, especially after i ran. i took 2 pregnancy tests near the end of august and they both came out negative. i m feeling bloated, although i never really felt that way before. i m thin. my breasts have gotten larger over the past few days. i keep feeling like i m about to get my period but then i don t. i don t really know what s going on?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Welcome to Health Care Magic, I understand your concern.
Delayed periods could be due to many reasons, well in your case it could be due to stress, or a condition called as PCOD. Also if you are on birth control pills, there can be variation of your menstrual cycles, since you have taken the pregnancy tests and its turned out negative, lets rule out the possibility of being pregnant.
I suggest you to consult a gynaecologist and get relevant tests done to rule out other causes, also get a USG scan done .
Reduce stress , and exercise moderately .
Please get a hormone level test done of FSH, LH and TSH.
Once you recieve the results, consult your gynaecologist for prescription of suitable medication.
Hope this answers your query satisfactorily.
Do write back to me if you need further assistance,
thank you,
Dr. Rashmi