Delayed periods, bleeding not normal, on copper coil (iud). Bloated stomach, back pain. What is it ?

hello doctor, I have been on copper coil ( iud ) for 3yrs now. My periods were late by about 4 days and when they started they were not normal. They were dark brown and no real blood like what I am used to and the spotting only happened for 3 days. I am confused I don t know why I didn t bleed my normal and also last week my stomach was bloated and had lower ack pain with cramps . I am 40 years now please tell me whait is?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012