Delayed periods after last sexual intercourse, having hot flashes, night sweats, weight gain and sleep trouble. Why ?

I am 44.5 have had periods every 2 to 3 weeks for the last year. My last period was in November and was light. Have not had another one. I took a home pregnancy test on Dec. 31. It was negative. Last sexual encounter was end of November. Hot flashes, night sweats , weight gain , and sleep trouble have been around for two or three months. Should I test again or is this pre-menopause
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013