Delayed periods after insertion of implanon, have stringy brownish discharge, minor cramping. Had kidney infection during due. Normal?

I am about 6wks late for my period, but I have implanon BC (have had it for 18mos) . My period has used to be regular before I started Implanon, now it s comes anywhere in a 1-2 week window, but it s never been this late. About the time I expected to start my period I got a double kidney infection , and was put on 10 days of antibiotics . I used condoms for a month after starting the antibiotics knowing that they can mess with your birth control , and only had sex once in that time frame anyway. I assumed that the infection was what stalled my period. A few days ago I had sex again, and thought that I started my period after (often when I m a few days late I will start after sex) there was a little bit of brownish blood spotting the day after sex, but that was it. I didn t actually start. Now 2-3 days later I m still not bleeding but I have this brownish-beige colored stringy discharge when I pee - although it s not from my urine, it s from my uterus/ vagina . It looks like tiny ramen noodles, there is no other discharge with the stringy stuff as far as I can tell. I do have some minor cramping, which I don t usually have at all. I have never had this before. I don t know if it s okay/normal or something to be concerned about.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  57 Awaiting Answer