Delayed periods. Ultrasound done, shows enlarged ovaries, small cysts around stroma. Serious condition?

Hi, i am a 26 year old lady i went for an ultrasound as my period got 10 days late this time. My period date does fluctuate at times... the ultrasound report says as below Endometrial echo is thickened, shiny & hyperechoic (16mm thickness) Ovaries are mildly enlarged measuring 7.3 ml on left & 11 ml on right side with multiple small antral cysts arranged around a central abundant stroma. I just need to know why this happens and what is the cure to it. It is something vry serious?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012