Delayed periods. On Norgest medication. Ultrasound shows cysts in ovaries. History of thyroid condition. Side effects of Norgest?

Hi i am 32 yrs old having 156 cm height and 85 kg weight. I have a 3.5 yrs old kid. I have thyroid which was developed after my first baby and currently taking 75 mcg thyronorm tablets. Since last 6 months, i am having normally extended period, generally around 40 days. After consulting Gynaecologist , i have gone for ultrasound which confirmed a 2 cm cyst in my left ovary .My Dr. has asked me to take Norgest tab for 2 weeks. I wish to know that whether cyst can cause any serious problem during birth if i plan for 2nd child? What are the side effect of Norgest and is it really necessary to take Norgest for the problem i am facing?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012