Delayed periods. Light red spotting and cramps. Sexually active. Pregnancy?

i was two days late on my period and yesterday i had light red blood and it went away quick like i only saw it once when i wiped this morning i had no blood and now at the end of the day is very light brown and practically nothing i feel sick bad cramps usually when i get my period its heavy the first three days and ive never missed a period and yes im sexually active .....any ideas
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Bleeding/Spotting could be due to implantation bleeding.
Since you are sexually active and missed your periods by 2 days, you could be pregnant.
I recommend you to get a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.
Transvaginal ultrasound gives a definitive diagnosis.

Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer