Delayed periods. Had taken emergency contraceptive pill after intercourse. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi mam,
I had sex with my bf in 3rd week after my periods. Though he was sure that cum didnt go inside the vagina.still i took unwanted 72. Just within half an hour. Next day i had anal with him and he cum in it. But surely it didnt went inside vagina. Its my period date and still not down. Is there anything to worry. What should i do?
Warm Regards
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Hi, thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

Abstinence or withdrawal pull out is associated with a highest failure rate. Although unwanted 72 contains Levonorgestrel, a progesterone which prevents conception and can cause withdrawal bleeding, it will not protect you from the subsequent exposure you had. Since the second exposure was too close to your periods date, and happened after you took the pill, unwanted 72 may not have been effective.

The withdrawal bleeding should have come within 5 to 7 days. Since the pill contains high level of hormone it may have disrupted the menstrual cycle and may have caused the delay. But still in your case, the chances of pill failure is more and so you have to rule out pregnancy through urine and blood tests.

If your pregnancy tests are negative, then visit your treating Dr and follow a regular method of contraception suggested by your Dr and avoid using ECP frequently as it may completely disrupt your menstrual cycle.

I hope this is helpful to you.