Delayed periods. Experiencing hot flashes, tiredness, mild headaches. Reason?

Hi 1i am 40 yrs old, my period has always been regular, 3 months back I had missed a period, My period is 6 days late this month, now I am experiencing hot flashes(sweating) for the past couple days throughout the day, I have noticed that my body temp is higher than usual, I have also have been very tired lately and have also been having mild headaches as well. These are all new symptoms that have just come on within the past week. Can you give me an idea of what s going on?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013