Delayed periods. Advised to take gynaecosid tablets. Could this be due to stress related?

I m a 22year old virgin . And my period is 10days late. It was supposed to start on the 9th of March. I went to a doctor who advised me to take gynaecosid tablets . One of the reasons I think the delay is happening is because of a job I recently left. I was a school teacher and I used to get alot of exercise like going up the stairs down the stairs. So i m just worried...Will this tablet work?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012

Thanks for writing in.
Once you take Gynecosid tablets for few days and if you stop that, it leads to withdrawal bleeding.
It might occur after 4-5 days of stopping treatment.

Do not worry, this tablet will work and your periods will resume once you stop tablet as directed by physician.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.