Delayed period with smudged light brown discharge, sharp pains in lower abdomen, negative HPT. What could be the reason?

I am on CD 26 out of 24 Day Cycle. I have not received my period and instead I have smudged light brown discharge which appears only when I check my cervix . This morning, upon checking my cervix, I pulled out brown stretchy mucus (egg white consistency). My hpt turned out negative this morning. Instead of typical period cramping, I am experiencing needle sharp pains in my lower abdomen.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012