Delayed period, stuffiness in nose, taking birth control. Could flu have affected the period?

Hi, I just had some type of cold or flu , my symptoms were a runny nose , cough, body aches, headaches , and chills sometimes. That started a few days ago. Now I feel fine except my nose is still a little stuffy, my period is a day late however and I was wondering if having that flu could have effected my period. I am on birth control but just changed prescriptions two months ago and I am sexually active so there could be a chance that I am pregnant. Thanks for the help. Mia.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013