Delayed period, had unprotected sex on day of periods due, had gallbladder removal recently. Cause of symptoms?<br>

Hello, My girlfriend is currently between 3-5 days late on her period. She is experiencing all her normal symptoms of a period coming but it has yet to. We recently had unprotected sex the day she was supposed to have her period. She is on birth control . In the beginning of janurary, however, she had her gallbladder removed. I have been reading up online and theres plenty of articles of women missing their periods after having gallbladder surgery (or any surgery for that matter). Is it more likely pregnancy or due to her surgery? Any information would be very helpful. Thank you. Rich
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013