Delayed period, had a bout of tonsillitis, fever, have severe stress. Could that affect periods?

hi im 19 years old and sexually active, i had my last sex (with a condom) on may 26, and I got my period on june 16 (i dont have sex the entire month of june, but i got a very bad tonsilitis, fever and cough that lasts almost a week), today is july 15, and my expected period was on july 12 or 13, Im almost 2 days late. Im so stressed out because my period is always regular, I never had a late period another thing: Im working our research so, almost 2 weeks we are at the Animal Housing Facility monitoring our research rats, can this thing affect my period? please help me, thankyou verymuch
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012