Delayed period. Taken ultrasonography. Should I take gestin?

hi i am 29 yrs married lady having regular period always but this time my period is almost 25 days late.for that i went to gyne doctor.He gave me tab gestin 1 tb bd for 5days.and advised to do home pregnancy test . according to his advise i hv done my test on 29th jan but its negative.then again went to that doctor and he gave me medicines to geting my period.allready i am feeling some symptoms of there is neccesary to take a ultrasonogaphy for confirmation before going to use those medicine
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013