Delayed period. Pregnancy test negative. Possibly early for a test?

Hi i am 4 days late for my period i have done 2 tests both came back negative (tested in the afternoon).....have had regular periods since january 2012...started last period 25th November 2012 was due 20th December 2012 had sex 7th dec 12 & 18 dec 12 period still hasnt arrived...was i too early to test for pregnancy just 4 days late??
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
hello there.

Thanks for writing.

No it wasn't too early for your test to be positive.

Since you have history of unprotected sex this month, the reason for your delayed period could be pregnancy. Pregnancy usually comes positive within a week of missed period.

So you test for your pregnancy in a week's time again. This is because at times pregnancy test comes positive late.

General Surgeon Dr. Abhishek Agrawal's  Response

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
well I don’t think it was too early to test. Preg card test can very well detect pregnany by that time….

Wish you good health.