Delayed irregular periods, only spotting, headaches, nausea, mood swings. Am I pregnant ?

HI, I think i may be pregnant, but im not entirely sure and i believe its too early to take a home pregnancy test . My periods have been out of wack lately. In December i had two ( two weeks in between them), then in January it was a week late, now about two-two and a half weeks after my last period im spotting. Its a dark redish brown color and has lasted a couple of days, but not enough to even fill up one pad all together. Also ive been having headaches constantly, some neausousness but no throwing up, some dizziness , very emotional and mood swings. Also i have been pooping a lot more than normal at least once or twice a day and i get this hot prickly feeling on my skin sometimes. Could i be pregnant ? and when should i take a home test
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
May 2013
The possible causes for your irregular periods are :
- Hormonal imbalance leading to intermenstrual spotting, delayed periods etc.
- Thyroid hormonal abnormalities.
- Structural causes like fibroids, polyps etc.
As your cycles are irregular, it is difficult to say when you have to go for pregnancy test.
If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy.
So go for blood test for pregnancy, after two weeks of your fruitful coitus.
Blood test can detect early pregnancy more accurately compared with urine test.
For more details : http://srsree.blogspot.com/2012/05/pregnancy-tests.html
If the test comes negative, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
You can consult gynecologist and get evaluated to find out the exact cause for the irregularity of your cycles.
And take treatment accordingly.