Delay in periods, not on contraception, have loose stools since due, negative hpt. Cause?

Hi, im 36, female, and around 2 weeks late on my period which is unusual for me. Im not on any contraception , but i suspect my partner (or i) are unable to have a baby as i have not been on the pill for a year and still not pregnant. I have had loose stools since the time my period was due, its every day and regardless of what i eat, (which is my usual diet). I keep thinking its only a few days but its been 2 weeks and still no change. I feel fine otherwise, no cramps , no other issues, but no sign of my period, and i just did a home pregnancy test and it was negative so im vonfused about whats making my period so late and the unusual bowel movements issue. Im not under any real stress, i did have an overactive thyroid 2 years ago, but it was rectified with medication within 6 months and i have blood tests every 6 months which show it hasnt returned.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012