Dehydrated lips, painful white spot on lips. Pregnant with tiredness & low energy. Advise?

Hello Good evening,I m expecting my second baby and feel very tired and run down. I suffer from peeling lips which is treated with chap stick twice daily.However last week my bottom lip split in the middle very painful as for the 1st time lips felt extremely dehydrated so been upping my fluid intake. 3 days later I felt a lump that felt as if it was healing , last night I discovered a small White spot which has now increased in size and is uncomfortable what can this be do you think.
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012

It seems that you may be having chelitis..inflammatory condition of lips. There may be dryness,fissures,oozing,secondary infection,pain and itching. Chelitis may be caused by many factors...cosmetics,lipstic,tooth paste,sun exposure, soap, internal diseases,vitamin deficiencies anaemia..etc .You are pregnant, so you shoul avoid oral drugs. Apply combined cream of antibiotic and mild steroid daily at night and apply vitamin E and alovera cream in morning. Avoid soap,cosmetics and lipstic. Do not prick the the skin of lip. Have healthy food and proper sleep. Avoid worries and tension. You may feel better. Still, consult dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD