Degenerative disc disease, thecal sac compression, displacement due to posterior and posterolateral disc herniation with osteophytosis. What does this mean?

I am Nazibullah, age 38 facing low back and leg pain that goes down to my foot on the right. here is my MRI report. Findings: Lumbar lordosis is slightly straightened with normal vertebral alignment. On T2 weighted images lumbar discs are hypointense due to disc desiccation . Focal T1 & T2 hyperintensity with trabecular thickening at L4 vertebral body. Small Schmorl’s nodes are seen at the superior end plates of D12, L1 & L2 vertebral bodies. Anterior corner of L2, L3, L4 & L5 vertebral bodies show T1 & T2 hyperintensities which may signify degenerative signal change. Degenerative end plate changes are noted at L5-S1 level as evidenced by T1 & T2 hyper intensity signals from the opposing vertebral end plates. Remainder of the vertebrae show normal marrow signal intensities Visualised part of the cord appear normal in signal characteristics and morphology. Imaged pre & paravertebral soft tissue appears normal At L5-S1 level: Disc height is reduced. Broad-based posterior & posterolateral disc herniation (Extrusion) with mild posterolateral osteophytosis are causing corresponding thecal sac compression, both lateral recess and bilateral neural foraminal narrowing marked on right and right S1 nerve root compression and displacement. Spinal canal is stenosed. Impression: Degenerative disc disease. Thecal sac compression, both lateral recess and bilateral neutal foraminal narrowing marked on right and right S1 nerve root compression and displacement at L5-S1 level due to porterior & posterolateral disc herniation (Extrusion) with mild posterolateral osteophytosis as stated above. Please reply and advice me in these resect to my mail; YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012