Deep rash on arms and cheek that are puffy, warm to touch, rash only on part exposed to sun. No improvement with benedryl. What has to be done?

My 8 year old daughter has a deep red rash on her arms and cheeks. It is hot to the touch and her cheeks appear slightly puffy. The rash does not itch . She was outside on a sunny day when it occurred. The rash only appeared on skin exposed to the sun (on her arms, it stops at the sleeves of her t-shirt). I gave her benadryl which did not seem to help much. It s been less than 24 hours and 2 doses of benadryl, the rash has faded somewhat (not as red) but is still there. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012