Deep itch inside calf muscles after leg stretch

I m 19, I haven t been very active in the past few months. In June, I tried doing some intense leg stretch, and I started feeling pressure in this one spot on left side of my left calf. It went away after a week, and came back three weeks later, this time in the same spot as well as in two other spots above by my knee and below by my ankle. It s been two weeks now and the sensation hasn t subsided; now it feels like a deep itch inside my muscle from the area behind my left knee to the muscle by my ankle. It is really worrying me.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
There would have been a small tear in the muscle which has caused some bleeding which will get absorbed and become normal soon. Not to worry. Give rest to the leg. Apply pain killer gel on the area for pain relief. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Avoid strenuous exercise for 2-3 weeks. If you have any joint pain you can consult an Orthopaedician. You should be fine with rest and good diet.