Deep cut on wrist, stitches, scars, hard white bumps on scar. Treatment?

My daughter had a very deep cut on her wrist from a glass window. it required 9 stitches. it will be 4 weeks this saturday since the incident occurred. Cut is healing ,scab is beginning to fall off of scar in several spaces. She had it taped today with athletic tape with pre wrap underneath to play in a field hockey game. She called me and has hard white bumps on the scar that are painful. Any idea what they are and what she can do about them.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
Hard painful bumps on the healing scar could be due to secondary infection with abscess formation or due to hypertrophy of scar know as keloid.
Scar has to be examined by the surgeon who have done suturing.
If there is infection, it has to be treated with a course of antibiotic.
If there is keloid formation, steroid applications will help to decrease the size of bumps.
Consult the doctor for further examination.
Hope I have answered your query.