Deep cut on knuckle, swelling, unable to straighten finger. Tendon injury?

Hello, I got a very deep cut on my middle knuckle of my index finger and it has become very swollen as has half of the top of my hand . I went to the dr and was given antibiotics for it. my worry is that i cannot straighten my finger at all and was wondering if any tendons run along the top of the finger that was cut and if that could be the problem? Thanks for your time.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Yes, your guess might be right and you may need to have a splint put, since it could fibrose your tendon and you might not have the range of motion in your finger like you previously did. I hope you visit with an orthopedic doctor as soon as possible who can help with splinting the fingers. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day !