Deep cut on forehead. Applied turmeric, scab formation, white skin on healing. How to prevent scars?

hello i had a slightly deep cut on my forehead last week as a result of an accident. it is a thin line starting from the highest point of the forehead on the right side until the left ear. Immediately after the injury i cleaned the wound with after shave and applied turmeric as an anti bacterial. It has healed and scabs formed within the next day. Its a week now and scabs have started to fall off leaving bright white skin behind. Please advise if this would fade off and match my original skin or i need to apply any kind of medication . I am very conscious regarding this.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012