Deep burning, dull pain radiating to outer part of leg post healing fibula fracture. Possibility of nerve damage?

Hi! I am a 57 y/o female. I suffered a high ankle fibula fracture , dx 4/11. I wore a walking boot for 6 weeks. The fx healed but now I experience deep burning dull pain daily to my outer ankle which radiates up the outer part of my lower leg. This wakes me up at night. It does not appear to occur for any reasons I am aware of. Could nerves have been damaged from my fx? Also walking / standing increases pain greatly. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012