Dealing with mites bites, severe itching, oozing, bleeding on scratching dried scab. How can I fix this?

I am being bitten by mites in mhy bed. No one else in the house is affected, not even my husband who shares my bed. The first infestation, which seems to have stopped, focussed on my feet and ankls. The [present pne involves my face and hands. These begin as small red marks liked pimples; then they begin to swell like mosquito bites. The skin around them is very red and swollen. They itch furiously and when scratched ooze pus . if I scratch a dried scab, it bleeds . They itch for weeks and are driving me crazy. It s the middle of a very cold winter here (Canada) How did I get thing things and what do I do before I tear my skin off?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012